From the front line to the executive office, Roxanne Beaubien has provided communications and media relations expertise to policing services across Canada for nearly two decades.
With a keen understanding of the legal restrictions and ethical obligations faced by emergency services, she will hit the ground running in any crisis, providing sound and actionable advice to promote public safety and enhance your service’s reputation.
Roxanne holds a Masters of Arts in Journalism, an Honours B.A. in Communications Studies, a diploma in Marketing and has completed IMS-100 and IMS-200 training.
In addition to working as a newspaper journalist for five years, she worked at the local, provincial and national level with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police – including as team leader with the Integrated Security Unit’s Media team for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics – for more than a decade. She has also worked with the Calgary Police Service, the Ontario Provincial Police and the London Police Service.
A former college-level, part-time professor, she also has extensive experience delivering media relations and marketing workshops to police officers across the country, and has presented at national and local conferences.
- London Police Service, London, ON, Corporate Communications and Media Relations Manager
- Ontario Provincial Police, Orillia, ON, Strategic Communications Officer
- The Royal Ottawa Health Care Centre, Ottawa, ON, Communications Manager
- Algonquin College, School of Media & Design, Ottawa, ON, Professor (part-time)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Senior Communications Advisor
- Calgary Police Service, Calgary, AB, Communications Specialist/Senior Writer,
- London Free Press, London, ON, Reporter
Awards and Recognition
- Gold Quill Award of Excellence, 2019, International Association of Business Communicators global award of excellence for internal communications: for Stronger Than You Know internal mental health anti-stigma and awareness campaign at the London Police Service.
- Silver Leaf Award of Excellence, 2019, International Association of Business Communicators national award of excellence for internal communications: for Stronger Than You Know internal mental health anti-stigma and awareness campaign at the London Police Service.
- RCMP Commander’s Commendation for Outstanding Service, National Recruiting Program, 2008: recognition of innovation, dedication and initiative in creating the 2007 national advertising campaign;
- 2007 Platinum MarCom award: international award from the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals for the RCMP Recruiting campaign A Career Nowhere Near Ordinary;
- Journalism awards:
- Ontario Provincial Police Media Awards, 2000: regional and provincial winner for feature writing;
- Western Ontario News Awards: 1996 winner for investigative reporting and runner-up in 1997, 1998 and 1999 for various awards;
- International Fire Fighters Association, 1998: honorable mention for feature writing.